Unlike most types of life insurance that require ongoing premium payments for the policy to remain in force, with Adamjee Life Super Sarmaya Plan you are only required to make a single premium payment and the plan will remain valid for 25 years or 80th birthday whichever comes first. You do have the option to make additional premium payments to increase your coverage, but it is not mandatory.
Super Sarmaya Plan generates consistent income through superior yields on its investments at moderate levels of risk through a diversified investment approach. Keeping in mind your risk appetite and return expectation, Super Sarmaya gives you flexibility to allocate your premium among single or multiple combination of investment instruments. In case your needs and goals change, you may modify the composition of cash value at any time without any tax consequences.
• Highly flexible single payment investment plan with the benefit of life insurance packaged in attractive returns with choice of funds to match your risk appetite
• 0% bid/offer spread (No front-end load)
• Islamic fund (Amaanat) option providing shariah compliant investment opportunity
• Choice of investing in three separate funds with different investment mix based on your risk appetite and religious beliefs
• Tax credit on the investment made subject to limits as per the Income Tax Ordinance 2011 and subsequent changes through Finance Act 2012
• Life protection cover of up to 10 times your investment amount
• Partial withdrawal option, after policy has been enforced for 6 Months
Investment Secure Fund-II: Debt Fund Investment Multiplier Fund: Equity Fund Amaanat Islamic Fund: Islamic (shariah Compliant) Fund
Fund Owners Adamjee Life Assurance Company Limited Rated A (With Positive Outlook) by PACRA
Investment Objectives Strategically invest in equity and debt markets with the objective of maximizing returns for the investor. Funds are managed by a team of expert investment managers, who adjust the investment mix in light of economic conditions and investment opportunities.
Investment Strategy Contributions made towards the plan are invested in various investment vehicles including equities, fixed interest instruments, bonds and other money market instruments. Diversification is achieved by selecting mix of instruments in order to optimize the returns. The three investment fund options for customers are:
Investment Secure Fund-II: Is a moderate to low risk profile fund that generates stable & secure returns by balancing the investment in long term money market investments including with up to 90% in a mixture of PIBs, T-bills & Fixed Income instruments with the balance in Cash.
Investment Multiplier Fund: Is a moderate to high risk profile fund that generates higher returns over the long run with a mix of investments in equities along with money market instruments with up to 30% in equity type investments and up to 60% in a mixture of PIBs, T-bills & Fixed Income instruments with the balance in Cash.
Amaanat (Islamic) Fund: Is an Islamic open-end asset allocation/ investment fund, which seeks to achieve its objective of stable yet aggressive returns through investing in a portfolio of shariah compliant investments diversified through the capital market. The fund primarily invests in high quality SUKOOK/ Islamic bonds (60%), strong shariah compliant equities (30%) and the balance in cash (10%) offering higher comparative returns.
Fund switch option: You are entitled to two initial free fund switches at anytime during every plan year and each subsequent switch would be charged at Rs. 300.
Fund Manager’s profile MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited – a subsidiary of MCB Bank Limited.
Arif Habib Investments Limited is a non-banking finance company incorporated in Pakistan under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 and has been licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan to provide asset management, investment advisory and pension fund management services in Pakistan. Arif Habib Investments Limited has been assigned a reputable Asset Manager Rating of “AM2+” with Stable Outlook by PACRA. Assets under Management (AUM) of Arif Habib Investments Limited are approximately Rs. 70.69 billion as at November 30, 2015.
Minimum Investment: PKR 200,000
Surrender Charge: PKR 350
Maximum Investment: Unlimited
Minimum Sum assured (Death Cover): Cover multiple 1.25
Maximum Sum Assured(Death Cover): Cover Multiple 10
Convenient, hassle free single payment option with the added advantage of life insurance.
Islamic Fund Option
Complete Riba/ interest free investment/ saving opportunity in-line with Islamic principles and beliefs keeping in mind the recent increase in demand of shariah compliant investment vehicles.
Unique Cover Multiple Option
The investor has the option to choose his/ her own life insurance coverage amount through the unique cover multiple feature. Customer has the option to take a maximum coverage of 10 cover multiples of investment amount.
No Front End Load
No bid-offer spread of front end load applicable of investment and no back – end load or redemption charges after 30 months.
No Taxation on Capital Gains
In accordance with Income Tax Ordinance 2001, All investments in Insurance are exempt from capital gain tax
Tax rebate for businessmen and salaried individuals
According to the current provisions of Income Tax Ordinance 2001,a salaried individual can avail a tax credit of up to PKR 100,000/- in respect of any life insurance premium paid on a life insurance plan held for a minimum period of 1 year subject to annual taxable income exceeding PKR. 4.55 million.The non-salaried/self employed investor can also avail the tax credit up to 125,000/- where the taxable income for the year exceeds Rs. 1.5 million, provided that the total insurance premium does not exceed 15% of the person’s taxable income for that year. Investors are advised to consult their tax advisor prior to making an investment decision.
Free Look Period
The customer is entitled to full refund of premium (less any expenses incurred by Adamjee Life in connection with your medical or clinical examinations) in case he/ she decides to cancel the policy within 14 days of issuance.
• If the investment is redeemed within the first eleven months of issuance a surrender charge of 3% of unit account value is applicable, 2% from twelfth to twenty third month.1% from twenty fourth to 30th month and 0% afterwards.
• No back end load/ redemption charges will be charged after completion of two and a half years.
No Holding Period
• There is no minimum holding period required. However, it is recommended to invest in the fund for long term.
• Encashment/Redemption can be made within a period of 6 business days.
Diversified Investment Portfolio
• A well diversified investment portfolio with any amount of investment.
Easy to Monitor Investment
• Ease of choosing and monitoring one fund instead of multiple investments.
Proper Re-balancing of Investments
• Regular re-balancing to maintain the correct risk/return characteristics over time.
Min entry age: 18th Birthday
Max entry age: 75th Birthday
Max age of cover: 80th Birthday (not exceeding the maximum term of 25 years)
Hundred percent of all investment is allocated to your unit account without any deduction. Deductions are only made on redemption during first 30 months.
Partial withdrawals can be made by the investor from his/her fund anytime after 6 months of the plan term to fulfill any short term needs. Withdrawals are limited to 50% of the net cash surrender value and can be taken up to 4 times a year subject to maintaining a minimum Net cash surrender value of Rs. 10,000.
The Policyholder may make partial withdrawals from his/her fund with applicable surrender penalty in the first 30 months thereafter it can be withdrawn without any penalty.
Management & Admin charges: An annual charge of 1.75% of cash value to be deducted on monthly basis
Back-end Load/ Redemption Charges:
|Plan Month||Surrender/ redemption Charges as % of Unit account|
|1st to 11th||3%|
|12th to 23rd||2%|
|24th to 30th Month||1%|
|30th Month Onwards||0%|
Q1. What is Super Sarmaya?
Super Sarmaya is a unique investment cum protection plan that provides you a hassle free one time investment option. In addition it gives you the freedom of choosing your own investment mix, from the available multiple investment Strategies, as per your risk and return appetite while the protection feature of the plan provides you life insurance coverage from the moment you invest in the plan.
Anyone between the age ranges of 18 to 75 years is eligible for this ideal investment package.
Q2. How does Super Sarmaya work?
100 % of your investment is used to buy units of the chosen Investment Strategy and Fund at the applicable Offer Price. The fund management charges and cost of insurance (if any) are deducted on a monthly basis from your Account Value. The process will continue till the end of the elected term.
On completion of term – the maturity date – accumulated account value will be paid to you in a lump sum.
Q3. How much is the bid/ offer spread or front end load?
No front end load or bid offer spread is applicable on Super Sarmaya.
Q4. Does the Plan offer any free look period?
If you cancel your plan within the free look period of 14 days from the plan issue date, you are entitled for a full refund of premium less any expenses incurred by Adamjee Life in connection with your medical or clinical examinations.
Q5. What is the minimum or maximum investment limit?
Minimum acceptable investment amount is PKR 20,000. There is no limit of maximum fund contributions; hence you can plan your financial objectives with complete freedom.
Q6. Is there any redemption charge or back-end load?
If the customer redeems his invested amount before 11 months a charge of 3 % of invested amount is applicable, 2% from 12th to 23rd month,1% from 24th to 30th Month and no redemption charges are applicable after 30th month.
Q7. When can I surrender the plan?
You have the right to encash all the units in your Account Value any time after the plan becomes effective. In such an event, the units will be encashed at Bid Price and the plan will be terminated. But it is preferable to hold your investment for at least 2.5 years.
Q8. What are the Fee & Charges related to this product?
Adamjee Life would deduct annual management and redemption charges.
• Super Sarmaya is a Unit Linked Plan which is subject to investment risk and the cash value of the plan will vary directly with the performance of the unit fund.
• Adamjee Life is Registered & Supervised by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
• All Super Sarmaya Plan applications are processed and approved by Adamjee Life, as per their underwriting guidelines.
• This brochure only provides an introduction to the benefits available under the plan. A detailed description of how the contract works is given in the ‘Terms and Conditions’, which will be provided after the customer avails the service.
• MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited is acting as the Investment Advisor of Investment Protection and Investment Optimizer funds and Adamjee Life (Owner of Investment Secure, Investment Multiplier and Amaanat Fund ) has made an independent assessment as to the competence and expertise of ArifHabib Investments Limited for the purposes of managing the portfolio of Investment Secure, Multiplier and Amaanat Fund on behalf of Adamjee Life.
• Customers are advised to read the details of Investment Secure, Investment Multiplier and Amaanat Fund thoroughly before investing especially the investment objective and strategy sections.